top of page
united states k1 fiance visa from colombia - k-1 fiancee lawyer

United States Fiancé Visas  (K-1)

Skilled Lawyers with Offices in the United States and Colombia Can Help With U.S. Visas and Immigration Applications


About the K-1 Visa

The Fiancé or Fiancée visa allows United States citizens to bring his or her loved one to the United States to marry. This visa allows a 90 day stay in the United States. Once the marriage takes place, the U.S. citizen can then request an "Adjustment of Status," so that his or her spouse can live and work in the U.S. as a Legal Resident.   


Basic Requirements

  1. The person filing the petition (known as the petitioner) must be a U.S. citizen 

  2. The couple must have the legitimate intent of marrying within 90 days

  3. Both persons must be legally able to marry

  4. The couple must demonstrate that they have seen each other in person within the two years prior to filing the application


If you would like assistance with your K-1 Visa, please contact our team of skilled lawyers with offices in the United States and Colombia. 

Call us in the United States at 347-772-2188

Call us in Bogota, Colombia at 300-336-9681

bottom of page