top of page
fees costs expenses united states k1 fiance visa

United States Fiancé or Fiancee Visa (K-1)

Fees, Costs and Expenses 


About the K-1 Visa

The Fiancé or Fiancée visa allows United States citizens to bring his or her loved one to the United States to marry. This visa allows a 90 day stay in the United States. Once the marriage takes place, the U.S. citizen can then request an "Adjustment of Status," so that his or her spouse can live and work in the U.S. as a Legal Resident.   


Payments to the United States government for a K-1 fiancé or fiancée Visa

  • Form I-129F = $675 dollars 

  • Form DS-160 = $265 dollars 

Other expenses during the K-1 Fiance or Fiancée Visa Process

  • Medical Exam – it is necessary to obtain medical exam by a doctor certified by the Embassy.

  • Translations – all documents that are sent to the U.S. Immigration Service must be in English

  • Mailing Fees – for the documents that must be sent to the USCIS

  • Photographs – for the passport style photographs

  • Passport – the fiancée must have a valid passport 

If you would like professional assistance with your K-1 Visa, please contact our team of skilled lawyers with offices in the United States and Colombia. We have successfully helped many clients with fiance visas. 

Contact our United States Office at: 347-772-2188

Contact our Colombia Office at: 300-336-9681

bottom of page