top of page

Visas for Journalists


About the I Visa

The I Visa is available for journalists and representatives of the foreign media that wish to travel to the United States to engage in media and news-reporting activities.  


General Requirements

  1. The person must generally work for a foreign media company. Independent and free-lance journalists will require additional proof

  2. The person must be traveling to the United States to engage in media activities

  3. The person must be directly involved with news reporting and media. All other foreign employees of the foreign media, such as video editors, make-up artists, etcetera, will likely require other type of visas. 


If you would like skillful legal assistance with visas or any other type of U.S. immigration matters, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our lawyers have offices in the United States and Colombia. 

bottom of page